Yes, Frederick, this marks our very first post in 2013.
Don’t judge, it’s been a rough start to the New Year.
WAT! has been on a quest to make her New Year’s resolutions come true (yes, working out, losing weight, and getting fit with the rest of America) while also working to stir up some awesome on your behalf.
Which brings me to the purpose of today’s blog post!
Possibly you’ve already had the distinct opportunity to view our latest adventure video featuring our sushi making excursion at The Kitchen Studio (um, do you not follow us on Facebook yet? What are you waiting for?!).
It was seriously one of the most fulfilling days I’ve had in a while. Probably I can blame my belly full of sushi for that feeling, but I sorta think the fun learning environment, the opportunity to do something cool with my friends, and being in the presence of culinary greatness (yes, Chef Christine is sorta da bomb), had something to do with it.
As someone who doesn’t often make waves in the kitchen, I’m convinced that anyone can learn to make sushi. As long as you have a good teacher!
We want to give you just that! The opportunity to learn to make sushi, at The Kitchen Studio, with a friend, under the tutelage of Chef Christine!
We have 2 slots to give away (go with your BFF, or your dad, or your girlfriend, just not your dog or a child) to the March 22, 2013 Sushi 101 class at the Kitchen Studio!
Here’s what you need to know:
1. The Kitchen Studio Cooking School, owned and operated by Chef Christine Van Bloem, is Frederick’s happiest place to learn to cook. They offer tons of cooking classes. There is literally something for everyone at The Kitchen Studio, from the youngest wannabe chef to the grown-up gourmand. You can host a cooking birthday party there. You can bring your Scout Troop for a class. You can send your kids there for a cool summer camp. It’s also the perfect venue for a team building experience for your workplace. They offer demonstration classes (like watching a cooking show live!), participation classes (hands on action, like Sushi 101), and private classes too (get the girls together and learn to cook!).
2. We have TWO passes for the 3/22/13 Sushi 101 class to give away. We know you want them. To enter, you have to watch our Sushi Adventure Video (so you know what you’re getting yourself into) and answer the following question by leaving a comment on this post: WHAT DOES CHEF CHRISTINE SAY FISH SHOULD SMELL LIKE?
3. We also have a runner-up prize. A handsome sushi creation kit, with a rice cooker, and some of the ingredients you need to get the sushi started at home (ew, no, not the fish, you have to buy that yourself). A runner-up will be selected randomly from the entrants after the grand prize winner is selected.
4. To be eligible for this prize you must: (1) answer the question correctly, (2) be sure you AND your guest are at least 21 years old, (3) make sure your entry is logged by the contest closing date (2/22/13 @ midnight EST).
5. Want to up your chance of winning? Duh, of course you do! You can have one additional entry if you share our video on Facebook. You can have another entry if you Tweet our video on Twitter. Be sure you come back and leave a comment with the link to your FB post and/or your Tweet if you want us to count it. To make is easier, we’re cool if you want to use one of these…
- Facebook: Check out @FiNDiTFREDERiCK & their Sushi Adventure @thekitchenstudio in Frederick! http://bit.ly/12s0n4T
- Twitter: Check out @FiNDiTFREDERiCK & their Sushi Adventure in The Kitchen Studio with @FrederickFoodie! http://bit.ly/12s0n4T
Good luck and enjoy learning to cook!