Thanksgiving is less than a week away! And Breaking Dawn is in theaters!
Are you ready? Got your free range bird all ordered and ready to go? Got your movie tickets order from Fandango?
Yes, and no!
Woman About Town does NOT cook Thanksgiving dinner. Woman About Town EATS Thanksgiving dinner courtesy of other people.
But, Woman About Town does love her some Twilight Saga and will be enjoying the film front and center. All talkative teens should stay out of the Sunday showing of the film less they suffer a swift throat punch for silencing purposes be shhhhhshed incessantly by the grown woman who really just wants to see Bella and Edward, um, enjoy their honeymoon in peace!
But, before we have Thanksgiving Dinner and family drama and Frosty Friday (Frederick’s version of Black Friday) here’s What’s WAT!?…
- Cafe Nola. Hello Strangers with the Pale Barn Ghosts, Friday, 9:30pm. And Saturday check out the Shamaicons with DJ Babylon. Your downtown go to spot for cool music. $
- Frederick Coffee Co. Live entertainment available in house Friday and Saturday night. See site for appearance info.
- The Main Cup. Live entertainment every Friday and Saturday in October.
FiND: HOLiDAY HAPPiNESS
- Shadrack’s Christmas Wonderland. Drive thru light show to get you in the holiday spirit. It’s warm and fun. And, totally WAT! approved! Opens 6pm, November 18th. Runs 6pm-10pm thru January 8, 2012. $
- Westview Promenade Tree Lighting Ceremony. Holiday happenings at the shopping center will include crafts, storybook characters, and live music to ring in the season and get the Christmas tree party started right! Saturday, 5pm.
- Candlelight Ghost Tours of Frederick. Take a spooky tour of our haunted city. Tours run at 8pm every Friday and Saturday in September. See site for tour details and meeting location. $
- Maryland Christmas Show. who doesn’t love Christmas crafts before Thanksgiving?! Get yours while you can people. Friday, Saturday & Sunday. See site for info.
- Maryland Shakespeare Festival. Get your Shakespeare on with the Riotous Youth (the MDShakes kids group) this weekend as they perform The Tempest at the Cultural Arts Center. Friday, 8pm. Saturday, 2pm & 8pm. $
- American Buffalo at The MET. Crime and punishment. Or, maybe not all that much punishment. Not sure, but it looks interesting and it’s won awards for its awesomeness. This one’s for adults though so leave the little people with a sitter, yo! All weekend, see site for times! $
- Way Off Broadway Children’s Theater. Frosty is coming to Frederick! Opening this weekend and running through the Christmas holiday (12/27), this classic kids show is the perfect holiday treat for kids and families to enjoy! $
Now, head back over to Facebook and get in on some of our fun! We’re giving away tickets to for you to join Woman About Town at the Goodwill Industries Monocacy Valley Benefit Fashion Show on December 3rd!