Planning to get your Halloween party on this weekend?!
Yeah, me neither.
But, I am hosting a super spookay party at my house on Monday (the actual date of Halloween) so I’m not feeling too horrible about it!
And, I’m dressing up!
Nope, not gonna tell. Unless you can guess?!
Yes, how about a Guess What WAT! is Gonna be for Halloween Contest?!
It’s been ages since I’ve given my Frederick peeps something just for hanging out with us!
And, we think a $50 gift card to The Silver Maple so you can get your grub on would be great, no?!
Or, so you can re-gift it to your parents for Christmas (or Hanukkah, or Kwanza, or just because you owe ‘em one).
Want in on the fun?! Head over to the FiND iT FREDERiCK Facebook page and guess what Woman About Town is going to be for Halloween!
I’ll give you a hint: It’s someone from a popular old school cartoon. It came out in the 60’s but lives on today!
Want to find some more fun this weekend? Here’s What’s WAT!?…
- Cafe Nola. Cirque de la Noche. The official Cafe Nola Halloween event! Be scared, but have fun! Saturday, 7pm. $
- Frederick Coffee Co. Live entertainment available in house Friday and Saturday night. See site for appearance info.
- The Main Cup. Live entertainment every Friday and Saturday in October.
- Walkersville Southern Railroad. Train excursions. Climb aboard for a fabulous journey though the fall countryside. See the changing leaves and relax. Train leaves station Saturday and Sunday. See the site for details.
- All Hallows Eve Masque with MD Shakespeare Festival. Delaplaine ArtsCenter. All kinds of costumed fun. Friday, 7:30pm. $
- Summers Fall Festival. Pumpkin picking, hay rides, giant slides and more! Head out on Saturday for weekend only adventures including the pumpkin train and the apple cannon! This Sunday head out for the 2nd annual Great Pumpkin Race with WFRE for even more farm fun and to help raise funds for St. Jude’s! Saturday 10-10:30, Sunday 10-7pm, check the site for weekday hours. $
- Gaver Tree Farm Fall Festival. Fun on the farm includes hayrides to the pumpkin patch, double barrel slides, animal petting, a pirate ship & more! Head out to the farm and see some of the new attractions, like the a 3 pumpkin pitch! Military families enjoy a discount this weekend! Daily, 9-5pm. $
- Lawyer’s Moonlight Maze. Optimus Prime is in the house, or, er on the farm! Transformers 3 is the theme of the maze this year so head out to the farm for some serious robot fun! The even play the movie on the big screen each open night at 8pm! WAT! loves this farm because they show movies, they allow pets (Dog About Town likes movies too), and they have food, but they let you bring your own too! So much fun! $
- Cultural Arts Center hosts Landless Theater Company’s Evil Dead the Musical. I saw a preview of this show a while back and man does it look good! Perfect for the spooky holiday coming up. NOT perfect for children, just to warn you!
- American Buffalo at The MET. Crime and punishment. Or, maybe not all that much punishment. Not sure, but it looks interesting and it’s won awards for its awesomeness. This one’s for adults though so leave the little people with a sitter, yo! All weekend, see site for times! $
- Way Off Broadway Children’s Theater. Dora the Explorer. That’s right kids, doo-doo-doo-doo-do Dora is in town! Head out to the theater to catch her and all of her bestes sidekicks live on stage. And, it’s a dinner lunch theater to there’s food too!
- Artomatic. Open all weekend with live music, lectures, and art workshops. Every Sunday 12-4 is the art workshop for kids. Find them making and taking in the room right behind the FiND iT Room! On the art-genda this weekend? Mosaics!
- Way Off Broadway’s Production of Chicago. See the classic musical live for yourself right here in Frederick! Dinner theater at it’s Frederick finest. Friday & Saturday (see website for ticketing information). $
- Candlelight Ghost Tours of Frederick. Take a spooky tour of our haunted city. Tours run at 8pm every Friday and Saturday in September. See site for tour details and meeting location. $
- Murder & Mayhem Walking Tour. Presented by the historical society, this spooky evening walk through downtown Frederick is sure to put a chill in your bones even if the night air doesn’t! Best part, it’s all true! Based on events, as they are believed to have happened, in Frederick. Every Friday & Saturday in October, 7pm.
Now, head back over to Facebook and get in on some of our fun!