Have you visited the FiND iT FREDERiCK website yet?
It looks like this…
Well it should because it is the most fun site in town for getting to know the community without leaving your comfy house chair!
And, it’s going to be burned in your brain now if you live, work, or frequent downtown Frederick.
Because we’ve taken over the sides of a few good buses in the Frederick public transit system to make sure you don’t forget us!
And like every exciting accomplishment we make we’d like to celebrate it with you by offering you a gift!
I know, we’re too sweet.
See a bus with our happy little signage emblazoned across it while you’re going about your day?
Grab the number of that beautifully adorned bus, head over to our Facebook fan page and let us know you FOUND iT!
How easy is that?!
Facebook not the on-the-go social media app of your choice?
Feel free to Tweet us, or even better Twitpic us a shot, to @finditfrederick.
WAT! watches our Twitter feed like a hawk so we’ll see it!
Multiple prizes up for grabs all summer long!*
So, don’t despair if it takes you a few weeks to get a glimpse of the awesome.
And while you’re looking, why not enjoy some of what Frederick has to offer this weekend as noted on this week’s edition of What’s WAT!?
Friday, May 20, 2011
- Danceworks, Ballroom and Latin. Dance party night. Come get your swing (and foxtrot) on! Lesson first followed by an opportunity to put what you learn into action. 6pm
- Wind Down Fridays. Recurring event at the Maryland Theater in Hagerstown. Features live music, food, and a cash bar. Event every Friday, 5-8pm for the duration of the summer.
- Frederick Keys Baseball Game. Fireworks night after the game. 7pm. $
- Cafe Nola. K-Murdock & Mega Ran. Live musicL event. $
- Frederick Coffee Company. Live music events Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday afternoon. See site for details.
- Way Off Broadway. South Pacific. Enjoy a meal and a show. A perfect night out! See website for times and detailed information. $
- The MET. Clockwork Orange. Enjoy a preview night of the latest play to touch the stage of the MET. Officially opens Saturday night. 8pm $
Saturday, May 21, 2011
- Candlelight Ghost Tours. Opening weekend of these exciting walking tours that feature paranormal activity hotspots in the historical area of downtown Frederick. Meet in front of Brewer’s Alley. $
- Walkersville Southern Railroad. Dinner trains. Come out to eat and ride the rails. Not like a hobo silly, in style! $
- Beyond the Garden Gates Tour and Marketplace. Tour the most pristine and beautiful provate gardens in Frederick. Event is Friday & Saturday 1-5. Marketplace hours are both days 11-6. $
- Crumland Farms presents Rock the Farm. Live music, vendors, food, family activities and all sorts of fun will be on hand for one of the farm’s biggest events of the year! 10am-6pm $
- YMCA presents Healthy Kids Day. Healthy living meets family fun with a free event to celebrate kids and their healthy families. FREE event! 10-2pm
- Walk-N-Wag. Dog lovers descend on Baker PArk to show off their pooches, enjoy fun activities, and raise money for the Frederick Humane Society. $
- Brunswick Main Street hosts Pet-A-Palooza. Enjoy a fun evening out with your pet. Flying Dog beer and Hard Swimmin’ Fish will be in charge of entertainment.
- Cafe Nola. Devon McClive. Live musical event. $
- Frederick Keys Baseball Game. Fireworks night after the game. 6pm $
- West Frederick Farmer’s Market. All fresh all the time!
- The Maryland Shakespeare Festival. Presentation of The Taming of the Shrew at the Frederick Cultural Arts Center. 2pm (with special post show discussion) & 8pm. Also plays Friday, 8pm $
Sunday, May 22, 2011
- Wine in the Woods. Looking for a great way to spend a warm afternoon? Check out one of the biggest wine festivals of the year featuring wine from numerous Maryland vendors (including our own Elk Run), tons of food, local vendors, and musical entertainment. Two day event starts Saturday and Sunday at noon and closes at 6pm. $
- Urbana Library Farmer’s Market. 1-3pm
- Way Off Broadway Children’s Theater. 3 Little Pigs. Kids love theater too! Check the site for info about arrival times and show info. $
- Frederick Keys Baseball Game. Spend an afternoon at the ball field. 2pm $
Here’s to another busy pretty-much-summer-if-it-would-ever-stop-raining weekend in Frederick and beyond!
*We will award 2 winners a month. Gifts include spa gift cards, baseball game tickets, restaurant gift cards, and more.