I love spring in Frederick.
There are just so many fun events going on this time of year! It’s hard for WAT! to make it out to everything, but I try!
Especially when there is food, or wine involved!
Guess you know where I’ll be this weekend…
Held at the Frederick Fairgrounds this Saturday and Sunday, the Frederick Wine Trail event features the wines of numerous local vineyards as a way to showcase all of the awesome they’ve been cultivating this year!
$20 (pre-sale) gets you in the door with the opportunity to upgrade your ticket in order to taste premium varieties as well!
Come on out and share a toast with WAT!
Wine not your thing? There’s plenty to do this weekend in Frederick on this week’s edition of What’s WAT!?
Friday, April 8, 2011
- Frederick Keys Opening Night. WOW Cafe and Wingery. Listen to the live radio broadcast of the Keys season opener against the Salem Red Sox. Raffle for fun prizes too! 7pm
- Harlem Blues and Jazz Band. Frederick Community College. Live musical performance.
- Spring Has Sprung: A Night of Rejuvenating Music. Cafe Nola. Live music event featuring numerous artists in various mediums. 9:30pm
- The South Pacific. Way Off Broadway Dinner Theater. Enjoy the classic show done WOB style. Suggested arrival time, 6pm.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
- The Pale Barn Ghosts. Cafe Nola. Live musical performance. 9:30pm
- Stella and Dot Trunk Show. The Velvet Rope. Shop and eat cupcakes. Can’t go wrong with that! 2-5pm
- Baltimore Symphony Orchestra. The Weinberg Center for the Arts. Live performance. 8pm
- Music with Tony Martiano. Dancing Bear Toys and Gifts. Live musical performance by children’s musician. 1-2pm
- As You Like It. MD Shakespeare Festival. Last performance of the season. Get your Bare Bard while you can! 4/9 8pm & 4/10 2pm
- Ready, Set, Me! The FUN Company at the MET. Enjoy a day at the FUN Company with a song filled dance-alicious performance for youngsters that encourages them to be who they are. 2pm
Sunday, April 10, 2011
- Boeing! Boeing. The MET. Check out the latest of The Met’s mainstage performances showing the comedic side of love in the friendly skies. Shows Friday & Saturday, 8pm with two showings Sunday, 2pm & 7pm.
- Frederick Chorale. The Weinberg Center for the Arts. Chorale performance to benefit the Weinberg’s Wurlitzer organ fund. 3pm
- South Mountain Creamery’s 10yr Anniversary Celebration. South Mountain Creamery. Food, fun, and other family friendly events to celebrate the milestone. Event runs 4/9 10-5 & 4/10 11-5
- 5k Cupcake Run. Cakes for Cause. Held at Monocacy Village Park. Finish the run get a cupcake! Starts @ 8:30am.
Have a rockin’ weekend and tune in to @finditfrederick on Twitter tonight starting at 5:30 for live updates and photos of our big bash! Might even have a prize or two for you to win!