Thanks giving is just around the corner and all of Frederick is getting ready!
Woman About Town, hit up a local farm, Thanksgiving Farms to be exact, this week to see what Frederick has available for the holiday table.
As a lover of buying local WAT! is excited about offering some local freshness to the family this year.
So, what’s out there to get you started?
Kale, cabbage, and greens are huge holiday favorites, as are sweet potatoes and pumpkins for making all of those pies you’re planning to bake.
Thanksgiving Farms is already taking orders for many of their farm grown goodies and they suggest that, if you have a large group to feed, you get yours in now too!
But, it’s not just a place to get fresh veggies for all of your holiday recipes, Thanksgiving Farms is also home to a pretty festive Christmas shop, where they sell their handmade wreaths and other holiday inspired accoutrements.
And, it’s pretty too!
What else is keeping us busy in Frederick this weekend? Check out What’s WAT!? to find out!
Friday, November 19, 2010
- Christmas Wonderland. Adventure Park USA. Happy holiday lights dancing to happy holiday tunes. Is there anything cooler? After you drive thru the light show, hop out and go inside for treats and pics with Santa.
- Donutpalooza. The Kitchen Studio. I am so over the moon excited about going to check out the Kitchen Studio this Friday I can hardly contain myself. And, it’s not just about the donuts. Swear!
- Maryland’s Women’s Conference. Holiday Inn Conference Center. Sign-up to take part in the conference designed to help area women get more in control of their financial futures.
Saturday, November 20, 2010
- Maryland International Kids Film Fest. Weinberg Center for the Arts. Take the kids out for some quality short films from around the globe.
- Maryland Christmas Show. Frederick Fairgrounds. Think shopping, shopping, and more shopping! Get your holiday shopping done while supporting local (and not so local) artisans. Runs for six days in two weekends. (11/19, 11/20, 11/21 & 11/26, 11/27, 11/28)
- The Littlest Vampire. Maryland Ensemble Theater. Very last chance to catch this little guy in action. Better round up your little people and head out! Final two showing 11/19 & 11/20 @ 7pm!
Sunday, November 21, 2010
- Measure for Measure. Maryland Shakespeare Festival. In the mood for some Shakespeare? How about some Bare Bard?! Head over to the All Saint Episcopal Church and enjoy the performance. 11/20 (8pm) & 11/21 (2pm).
- Maryland International Kids Film Fest. Weinberg Center for the Arts. Day two of the film festival! And, it’s not just about watching the films. Young people can enjoy a second full day of workshops, too. Learn animation and character design from experts in the field. Fun starts at 11:30 am!
In an effort to make Woman About Town an open book, I will be completely honest with you and say that I have no intention of taking in any of these activities this weekend (well, except the donuts, naturally I won’t be missing the donuts!). Instead, I will be front and center at the Westview Regal to catch the latest installment of Harry Potter. I already have my tickets, and yes, I really am that obsessed!
Have a fun weekend, Fredericktonians, and be sure to stop by next week to catch a very special edition of Wednesday’s About Town! Follow FiND iT FREDERiCK on Facebook and Twitter (@finditfrederick) to stay involved!